Become an Educate! Mentor
The Educate! Experience program is run by youth for youth. If you’re a Ugandan A-level graduate with business and leadership experience looking for an internship opportunity, apply to be an Educate! Mentor today!
Educate! Mentors deliver Educate!’s Skills Course in schools and provide support and guidance for Scholars to launch their own businesses and community projects while in school. In addition, Educate! Mentors participate in our Youth Business Experience (YBE) program. Through the YBE program, Mentors receive continued skills training, connections to local partnerships, and stipends to serve as capital injections for their businesses. Becoming an Educate! Mentor is a great opportunity to gain work and leadership experience, as well as grow your own business or community project.
The Youth Business Experience Includes:
- Business development training and support: Learn how to create a business plan, conduct customer and market research, manage cash flow, keep financial records, obtain legal status for your business, and more.
- Intensive leadership and workforce readiness training: Practice and improve your public speaking, communication, organization, time management, and group leadership skills.
- Individualized support: Receive on-site visits at your business or project, network with other young entrepreneurs and successful business men and women in Uganda, get connected to a professional mentor, and access Educate!’s extensive network of business and academic opportunities.
- Teach Educate!’s Skills Course weekly for 40 Scholars at 3 Educate! partner schools
- Empower your 40 Scholars to run a Peer Mentoring Program for their younger classmates
- Support Student Business Clubs to launch enterprises and community projects and to host fun events in their school and community
- Share your personal experience as a young leader and entrepreneur to inspire other youth
- 1 year commitment: After 1 year of successful performance, Mentors have the opportunity to extend for another year.
- Approximately 20 hours per week
- Certificate given
- A stipend to serve as a capital injection to grow your business
Educate! Mentors live in the communities they serve. It is very important that Mentors can easily access public transportation from their homes to commute to the schools, meetings, and trainings which are in the town center and surrounding areas.
In 2017, we are actively recruiting Mentors in the following locations:
- West Nile
To apply, please call us from Uganda on our office line: +256 (0) 393 266 074 or email email@example.com.