Mentor, Varying locations, Uganda
Are you looking for an internship or fellowship opportunity? Are you a Ugandan 'A' level graduate with experience in business and leadership? Apply to be a Mentor with Educate! today!
"I’ve rarely before worked with a team so naturally and deeply united in their common purpose. I just wanted to put [it] in a bottle to carry with me. I know that most large corporate businesses can only dream of such consistently strong engagement and alignment amongst their people."
- Nick Kingesley-Johnson, Founder and Managing Consultant at Grey Sells Associates Ltd
Love Educate! but don't see any positions that fit with your skill set?
Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. If there's no position currently open that is a fit, upload your resume here and we'll be in touch with the next opportunity.
What is Educate! About?
5 Cultural Tenets
Every person at Educate! — from interns to the Executive Director — is evaluated by how they live up to these five cultural tenets. They are at the core of how we achieve our mission and why we work as well as we do.
At Educate!, your work translates directly into better lives for youth in Uganda and beyond.
Why you’ll brag about working at Educate!:
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership -- 99% of Educate!'s team on the ground is African.
- We've grown 10x since 2013.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda -- Educate!'s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate! is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically investing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of UNICEF, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
We’re ambitious. Are you?
Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers -- and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.